Monday, January 2, 2012
Chapter 12
He dies... yes you read that correctly, PAUL DIES): This whole time your waiting for the happy ending where paul is the only one of his friends that lives and he goes home to his family BUT NO he dies): i just wanted to cry and it happened on such a quiet day and of course his last words, which made me want to cry even more, "All quiet on the western front" it says his face was calm and that is was like he was happy to end there which i guess i can say i don't blame him. That boy—— that man went through so much in his life at such a such a young age. I take back what i said in chapter 11 this, is probably the most heartbraking, most depressing chapter ever. But everything happens for a reason...
yeah the picture says it all.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you saying that this chapter was perhaps the most heartbreaking and depressing chapter in the whole novel. Even me, myself wasn't expecting the end to be emotionally draining I actually also did thought that this book would end with a happy ending. Good job Kayla!
ReplyDeleteI do agree with you on this one i thought that he would tell his tale to many people and his story would be pasted down but instead they just kill him off. I mean i thought he was going to make it to the end when all of his freinds didnt make i thought thats what would have seperated them.It seems as though the author just toys around with the reader at the end of the book. This had been a good post kayla.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chelsey ! I was so sad that that was the way it all ended... And thanks Nick and I agree with you that the author likes to toy around with the readers. The ending to be was just so unexpecting.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture added. It made it very clear. I like how this post is all your opinion on the book it shows your view on it and others can agree or disagree.
ReplyDelete