Monday, January 2, 2012

Chapter 8

So this chapter really made me think. Paul's right. He is killing these men just because he is told to. This reminds me of the poem we read in class, "The Man He Killed" where it's like if he had met his "enemies" anywhere else like a bar he wouldn't try to kill him. Like Paul when he thinks to himself (page 190) "It is strange to see these enemies of ours so close up. They have faces that make on think— honest peasant faces" I also think it's very nice what Paule does for the captured Russians, giving them food and all. Also it's also really sweet when his sister and father come and say goodbye.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-man-he-killed/ The poem " The Man He Killed"

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, it was sad. The way he explained it also was very devastating and it made you think about it as if you did it. I wonder why that one kill made him realize how barbaric war is, maybe because he just went home and he was almost getting his morals back. That is the main reason war upsets me, innocent people get killed for one misstep..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this death upseted him more because unlike shooting him from the distance he saw his death up close and seeing his facial expression and going through his things and finding out his has a family and seeing what he actually done to. This innocent man, it's like what we've talked about in class.

    ReplyDelete